Skip to main content

Provincial Offences / Tickets

Check the case status of your traffic tickets / provincial offences and information regarding provincial offences and tickets

Table of contents

Virtual Court Information

Please reference the information below on how to attend remote court on the date/time indicated on your notice. 

Audio/Video Connection Options Available:

To join by audio:

  • Please call 1-855-703-8985 (or local 1-204-272-7920 Canada) promptly 5 minutes before your start time.
  • You will be asked to enter the following Meeting ID Number: ‍‍942‍‍ 0346‍‍ 6908#
  • It will then ask you for a Participation ID, which you can press #
  • Passcode: 848672

To join by video

Join Court immediately by clicking the following link: is external)

For further information please call our office at 519-376-3470. 


POA Online look up system

Check the case status of your traffic tickets / provincial offences

This service allows you to quickly and conveniently check the case status of your traffic tickets and other provincial offences.

  • It may take 10 or more days after you are given an Offence Notice or ticket for your case to appear in the system.
  • The system does not include information about criminal matters or cases involving parking tickets, appeals, publication bans or young people.
  • For security purposes, your session will expire after 20 minutes of inactivity and all information entered will be lost. The system will provide you with a five minute warning before your session expires.

Click to Access look up system


Pay by Phone

519-376-3470 (pay with credit or debit card)

Pay Online

Click to Pay Online


Pay In Person

Provincial Offences Office 
595 9th Avenue East
Owen Sound
ON N4K 3E3


Provincial Offences Satellite Office 
30 Park Street
ON N0G 2V0

Any Provincial Offences Office in the Province
Provincial Offences Courts in Ontario – by Court Location

Pay by Mail

Note: Do NOT send cash in the mail

Provincial Offences Office
595 9th Avenue East
Owen Sound
ON N4K 3E3

Frequently Asked Questions

If your ticket is not a parking ticket

  • After receiving an Offence Notice (ticket) you have three options:
    1. Plead guilty by paying the fine.
    2. Request an Early Resolution meeting with the prosecutor to discuss the possibility of reducing the charge.
    3. Request a trial. Depending on what your ticket says, you may need to either mail in your ticket showing that you want a trial or you may need to visit a court office to file a request for trial.
  • If you do not choose one of the above options within 15 days of receiving the ticket, or if you do not appear for your trial or your early resolution date, a Justice of the Peace will review your case and may enter a conviction without you there.

If your ticket is a parking ticket

  • You have two options:
    1. Voluntarily pay the fine.
    2. Challenge the ticket in court. Depending on what your ticket says, you may need to mail in your ticket or visit a location specified on the ticket, usually the local parking tags office.

For more information, the Guide for Defendants in Provincial Offences Cases(link is external) provides defendants with general information about the court process for provincial offences cases. It does not cover every circumstance that might arise in your case. Please note that this guide does not provide legal advice. You are strongly urged to get legal advice from a lawyer or paralegal about your legal options and the possible penalties you could face.

Anyone charged with an offence has a right to receive disclosure of the evidence that may be used at his/her trial.

Please complete the following form (View Disclosure Request Form) OR email disclosure [at] (disclosure[at]grey[dot]ca) (link sends e-mail) Please note this could take up to 6-8 weeks.

File for Option 2 to request an early resolution meeting with a prosecutor.

For roadside reductions in relation to speeding offences, please note that where the rate of speed was reduced at the roadside, if the matter proceeds to trial, the Prosecution may seek to amend the ticket to the higher rate of speed if there is evidence of the higher rate of speed (York  (Regional Municipality) v Winlow(link is external)).

Demerit points are determined and administered by the Ministry of Transportation. To find out more information about whether your charge carries any demerit points and the number of demerit points, please go to the Ministry of Transportation website(link is external) and select the "Driver Licensing" option.

NOTE: Neither the Prosecutor nor the Court can remove demerit points that may be associated with any conviction.

The prosecutor can be contacted as follows:

(1) by emailing prosecution [at] (prosecution[at]grey[dot]ca) (link sends e-mail)

(2) by calling 519-372-0219 ext. 1279

(3) in person or by mailing:

Prosecution Office
595 9th Avenue East
Owen Sound, ON N4K 3E3

Court Locations & Start Times

Court is presided over by a Justice of the Peace and held in Owen Sound and Walkerton at the following locations. Your case will be heard in whatever order is deemed appropriate by the Prosecutor. Be prepared to spend the full day.

Provincial Offences Office - County of Grey Administration Office
595 9th Ave. East, Owen Sound ON 
N4K 3E3

Provincial Offences Office
215 Cayley St., Walkerton ON N0G 2V0

Please note that all court proceedings are being done virtually, If you wish to attend in person please call our office to make arrangements.

Grey County

Situated two hours north of Toronto, Grey County offers beauty you can’t get in the city.

  • 595 9th Ave East Owen Sound, Ontario N4K 3E3
  • (519) 376-2205 | 1-800-567-4739