February 9 Meeting Highlights
Grey County Council met on February 9, 2023 in the Council Chamber and virtually on Zoom. The meeting was immediately followed by a session of Committee of the Whole. Recordings of the meetings can be found on Grey County’s YouTube Channel.
- Council accepted the minutes of the January 26 County Council and Committee of the Whole meetings. Council Committee
- Council accepted the minutes of the January 27 special budget meeting. Council also passed a by-law officially adopting the 2023 budget. Full budget details can be found online at www.grey.ca/budget. Minutes By-Law
- Council accepted the minutes of the February 2 special council meeting regarding the redevelopment of Rockwood Terrace. Minutes
Committee of the Whole
- Council supported a notice of motion to support Councillor Barbara Dobreen’s application to the County Caucus of the Association of Municipalities of Ontario.
- Andrew Greggan of ORH presented Council with the recommendations of the Grey County Paramedic Services Comprehensive Deployment Review. The review used past call data to model and project future paramedic services needs for the next 10 years. Recommendations focused on maintaining existing service levels as the need for service grows, and highlighted areas of impact where service levels can be increased to improve response times. Recommendations included phasing in additional 12-hour shifts and opening a new paramedic base in Feversham. Council received the review. Recommendations will be included in capital planning and will be phased in over future years with the passing of the annual budget. Presentation Report
- Grey County is partnering with students from the University of Guelph to undertake a study around additional residential units (previously known as secondary units such as basement apartments). Findings and recommendations will be presented to Council in the spring. Report
- Council received an update report on outstanding questions regarding the status of structures 21 and 21, a bridge and culvert located in the Municipality of Meaford on the Holland Sydenham Townline Road near Walters Falls. The road has been closed since 2016 due to the condition of the structures. The report presented to Council provided the opinion that the structures are not a County responsibility. Council went into closed session to receive a legal opinion on the matter. Following the closed session, Council voted to receive the report for information. Report
- Council discussed the terms of reference for the Agricultural Advisory Committee. Report
The Clerk’s Department maintains the official record for Grey County. This publication is intended to provide meeting highlights only. For official records, please refer to the meeting minutes, or contact the Clerk’s Department at 1-800-567-4739.