June 8 Meeting Highlights
Grey County Council met on June 8, 2023, in the Council Chamber and virtually on Zoom. The meeting was immediately followed by a session of Committee of the Whole. Recordings of the meetings can be found on Grey County’s YouTube Channel.
- Council accepted the minutes of the May 11 County Council and Committee of the Whole meetings. Council Committee
- Council accepted the minutes of the May 9 Long-Term Care Committee of Management meeting. Minutes
- Council received the minutes of the March 3 and March 31 Board of Health meetings. Dr. Ian Arra provided a summary of the minutes and highlighted upcoming improvements to access to water testing across the region. March 3 March 31
Committee of the Whole
- County Auditor Vicki Watson of BDO presented the 2022 audited financial statements. Grey County received a clean audit statement for the year. Report
- Grey County will provide a letter of support to the Southeast Grey Community Health Centre for their application to the Expanding and Enhancing Interprofessional Primary Care Teams. Report
- Council heard an update on the joint construction project around the intersection of Grey Roads 21 and Grey Road 19. This significant project involves partnerships with Simcoe County and the Town of The Blue Mountains. The scope of the project is complex and includes the addition of two roundabouts, moving a water booster station, widening a stretch of road to four lanes, and significant utility relocation. Presentation Report
- Grey County and the City of Owen Sound were unable to fully complete a planned reconstruction project on Grey Road 15 (East Bayshore Road) in 2022. Council approved finishing the work. Report
- Each year, Grey County can submit requests to meet with Ministry officials and discuss important local issues at the annual Association of Municipalities of Ontario Conference. Council will submit delegation requests for the following: Funding for the redevelopment of Rockwood Terrace; ambulance costs and availability; appointments of Justices of the Peace; and, support for prevention and treatment of paramedic operational stress injuries.
The Clerk’s Department maintains the official record for Grey County. This publication is intended to provide meeting highlights only. For official records, please refer to the meeting minutes, or contact the Clerk’s Department at 1-800-567-4739.