March 9 Meeting Highlights
Grey County Council met on March 9, 2023 in the Council Chamber and virtually on Zoom. The meeting was immediately followed by a session of Committee of the Whole. Recordings of the meetings can be found on Grey County’s YouTube Channel.
- Council approved the minutes of the February 23 County Council and Committee of the Whole meetings. Council Committee
- Council accepted the minutes of the February 21 Long-Term Care Committee of Management. Minutes
Committee of the Whole
- Council heard an update from Paul Vickers and Joanne Hughes about the Ontario Federation of Agriculture (OFA) in Grey County. Delegates shared local farming statistics and discussed OFA priorities and issues farmers are facing. Presentation
- Council supported a resolution from the Association of Municipalities of Ontario and amended a motion to call on both the federal and provincial governments to act to end homelessness in Ontario.
- Council received the response time performance plan results for paramedic services in 2022. Paramedic Services met or exceeded target sin five of six call categories. In the ‘CTAS 2’ category, response times were met nearly 88% of the time with a goal of 90%. Report
- Council received a report highlighting various governance topics, such as weighted voting, standing committees, council composition, election of the Warden and more. Staff provided information about the process required the processes required to change each area of governance. The report was presented on a recommendation made during the last term of council. Many governance changes require significant time to implement. The previous council recommended the information report come forward early in the new term. Report
- Council received an update on the Community Improvement Plan Program and voted to extend the program to the end of 2025. Report
The Clerk’s Department maintains the official record for Grey County. This publication is intended to provide meeting highlights only. For official records, please refer to the meeting minutes, or contact the Clerk’s Department at 1-800-567-4739.