October 26 Meeting Highlights
Grey County Council met on October 26, 2023, in the Council Chamber and virtually on Zoom. The meeting was immediately followed by a session of Committee of the Whole. Recordings of the meetings can be found on Grey County’s YouTube Channel.
- Council accepted the minutes of the October 12 Grey County Council and Committee of the Whole meetings. Council Committee
Committee of the Whole
- Council heard a presentation and received a report on the Beaver Valley Sustainable Tourism Strategy. This strategy aims to balance the potential economic and tourism growth of the Beaver Valley with the need to sustainably protect the natural area. Grey County partnered with Grey Highlands, Blue Mountains and Regional Tourism Organization 7 on the strategy creation. The strategy recommends collaboration between partners and supporting the growth of the tourism industry in the area. County Council voted for staff to bring back a report with more details and a draft memorandum of understanding to a future meeting. The strategy will be presented to both Grey Highlands and The Blue Mountains councils in November. Report Draft Strategy Presentation
- Council supported a memorandum of understanding with the Blue Water District School Board to deliver the Agriculture Specialist High Skills Major Program out of Grey Roots for one semester beginning in January. Report
- Grey County will reappoint Principles Integrity as the County’s integrity commissioner for another five-year term. The integrity commissioner provides independent support to council members and other local board members for duties under the Municipal Act. The role provides advice and education and can support the resolution of conflicts when required. Report
- Council received an updated terms of reference for the Grey County Joint Accessibility Advisory Committee. Recently the City of Owen Sound asked to join the committee. The terms of reference has been updated to add two additional members to support additional representation. Report
The Clerk’s Department maintains the official record for Grey County. This publication is intended to provide meeting highlights only. For official records, please refer to the meeting minutes, or contact the Clerk’s Department at 1-800-567-4739.